Code of Conduct of 2016 Wharton China Business Forum
Event Name: Wharton China Business Forum 2016
Event Dates: 30-31 January 2016
Event Organizers: Wharton China Business Society and International Youth Business League
By registering for the event named above, either as a participant, volunteer, or assistant, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Code of Conduct—All registrants agree to comply with the rules and regulations of the competition, as defined by the Event manual. In addition, participants agree to refrain from the following:
- Destruction or vandalism of property, theft or unauthorized use of the property of others;
- Sexual conduct;
- The consumption or possession of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, or controlled substances for which the participant does not have a prescription;
- Disrespect of any referees, teachers, or event staff.
2. Lawfulness and Enforcement—All participants agree to obey the relevant laws and regulations of the host country and jurisdiction of the event. Failure to obey event rules or local laws may result in disciplinary sanctions, up to disqualification and notification of the participants parents and home school or institution.
3. Disputes—The participant recognizes that, although the Event staff will strive to deliver a fair judgment in the event of any disputes or complaints, that the organizers have ultimate authority over the academic content and logistical flow of the event. Participants recognize that the organizers are not compelled in any way to rule in the Participant’s favor in any dispute.
4. Sportsmanship—Participants recognize that the Event is fundamentally an educational activity before a competitive activity. Participants promise to uphold standards of civility, professionalism, and kindness in their words and actions facing other participants, teachers, observers, or community members of the event or the host institution.
5. Attendance—Participants agree to attend all mandatory scheduled events and to follow all posted or announced schedules. Schedules are subject to change and any schedule changes will be announced to participants.
6. Registration Requirements—All registrants must provide detailed and accurate personal information to the organizers. Any inaccurate registration shall may be cancelled or disqualified, subject to the discretion of the organizers.
7. Registration Fees—In order to confirm a participant’s registration for the event, the registrant must send the organizers confirmation of payment of registration fees. Registration fees may be paid through online bank transfer, wire transfer, Paypal, Stripe, or Venmo. If the registrant requests an official “fapiao” invoice, the organizers reserve the right to levy an additional administrative fee equal to 5% of the registration fee.
8. Refund of Registration Fees—All requests for refunds made 60 or more days prior to the first day of the event shall be honored, and a 90% refund shall be issued to the registrant through the same means that the registration fee was transmitted. Any requests for the refund of registration fees made 59 days prior to the first day of the event shall not be honored, and no refund shall be issued.
9. Photograph Release—The registrant agrees to allow the Event organizers and host to take photographs of the registrant at the Event and to reproduce to likeness of the participant in photo or video form in promotional materials or online or offline publications.
10. Future Contact—The registrant acknowledges that the organizers and sponsors may contact the registrant before, during, or after the competition, for operational purposes such as confirming registration details, providing instructions to prepare for the event, inquiring about the registrants location or status at the event, congratulating the registrant after the conclusion of the event, and providing recommendations or suggestions regarding future similar academic activities or services that may be of interest to the registrant.
11. Release of Liability—The registrant hereby assumes all of the risks of participating in any/all activities associated with this event, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the organizations, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. Moreover, the participant certifies that he/she is physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. The registrant certifies that there are no health-related reasons or problems that may preclude his or her participation in this activity.